It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth. Lamentations 3:27.
God calls young men in the vigor and strength of their youth to share with Him self-denial, sacrifice, and suffering. If they accept the call, He will make them His instruments to save souls for whom He died. But He would have them count the cost and enter upon their work with a full knowledge of the conditions upon which they serve a crucified Redeemer. . . .
Our first work should be to bring our own hearts into harmony with God, and then we are prepared to labor for others. In former days there was great searching of heart among our earnest workers. They counseled together and united in humble, fervent prayer for divine guidance. . . . Christ’s coming is nearer than when we believed. Every passing day leaves us one less to proclaim the message of warning to the world. Would that there were today more earnest intercession with God, greater humility, greater purity, and greater faith.
We have a grand work to do for the Master, to open the word of God to those who are in the darkness of error. Young friends, act as though you had a sacred charge. You should be Bible students, ever ready to give to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you. By your true Christian dignity give evidence that you know you have a truth that it is for the interest of the people to hear. If this truth is inwrought in the soul, it will manifest itself in the countenance and demeanor, in a calm, noble self-possession and peace which the Christian alone can possess. Those who have genuine humility, and whose minds have been expanded by the truths unfolded in the gospel, will have an influence that will be felt. They will make an impression upon minds and hearts.
I have no higher wish than to see our youth imbued with the spirit of pure religion which will lead them to take up the cross and follow Jesus. Go forth, young disciples of Christ, controlled by principle, clad in the robes of purity and righteousness. Your Saviour will guide you into the position best suited to your talents and where you can be most useful. In the path of duty you may be sure of receiving grace sufficient for your day.
Maranatha p. 121
—–Please pray for the following evangelism events that are taking place in the near future: Diane
- Prineville, OR (Oct 7 – Jan 13) Celebrating Life in Recovery 12 step program based on Steps to Christ for our church family Oct. 7 – Jan. 13 to spiritually and emotionally prepare our church members to offer this to the public in the future. Please pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to work in each member’s heart both now and during this program. Thank you!
- Southview, MN (Oct 17 – Nov 22)
- Longmont, CO (Oct 17 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts – Tim Jones
- Kinlichee, AZ (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Evangelist, Emilio Gomez
- NY, NY (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Carlos Muñoz
- Ashland, OR (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Ryan Day
- Lac la Biche, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Darrin Bartell
- Gila Mountain, AZ (Oct 25 – Nov 25) Evangelist Curtis Bradford
- Chandler, AZ (Oct 29 – Nov 25) Pastor Sukho Shon
- Albuquerque, NM (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Doug Bachelor “Landmarks of Prophecy”. Register for the latest Landmarks of Prophecy news and events, as well as for live webcast reminders. www.landmarksofprophecy.com
- Phoenix, AZ (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Camelback SDA Church (largest SDA Church in AZ) will be a Good News TV downlink host site for LIVE Landmarks of Prophecy with Doug Batchelor.
- Tempe, AZ (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Revelation Seminar with speaker Leroy Green
- Colombia, KY (Nov 7 – 22) Elder Kieth Noll from Ky-Tn. conference. Pastor is Fred Calkins. Please pray for these meetings, that the Holy Spirit will touch hearts to attend.
- Colorado Springs, CO (Nov 15 – 22) Fall Week of Prayer and “Five Nights with The King – KIDS.” Please pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon His subjects.
——Please pray that D and M will have a good day today as they start part time jobs. L
I have been gathering together pictures and stories to add to my genealogy to share with my children. I found much information online and was able to trace my lineage back to 1615 which was a real surprise to me. I also looked through my photo albums and selected pictures to scan into the computer. As I looked at each picture, I had memories of events that I had not thought about in years. Some of the pictures were of people who had died before I was even born, but their stories were told to me and their pictures were valued. My photo albums hold a record of the events and people who hold a special place in my heart.
Just as my photographs contain a record of events in my family’s lives, so we have a record given to us by God that records events in the lives of His people that lived so long ago. This record not only contains “pictures” of people who held a special place in God’s heart, but more importantly, this book points us to our Loving Saviour. From the promise in Genesis 3:15 on through to the very last verse it points to “the Way, the Truth, and the Life.” John 14:6
This book comes to us not because someone decided to sit down and write a story, but it comes from God Himself. “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” 2 Peter 1:20,21 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” 2Tim 3:16,17
God’s Word “is a lamp unto (our) feet, and a light unto (our) path.” Ps 119:105 It teaches us the way in which we should go. It answers the great questions of life. In the Book which is above all books, we find God’s great blueprint for living. By following that blueprint, we are kept from sin. “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Ps 119:11
Let us spend more time reading God’s Word. Let us follow those things that are written therein. Let us find Jesus, our Dear Saviour, and the Truth He imparts through meditating upon this great Book that He has given to us.