Maintain good conduct among the Gentiles, so that in case they speak against you as wrongdoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation. 1 Peter 2:12, R.S.V.
God expects those who bear the name of Christ to represent Him. . . . They are to be a sanctified, purified, holy people, communicating light to all with whom they come in contact. . . .
The followers of Christ are to be separate from the world in principles and interests, but they are not to isolate themselves from the world. The Saviour mingled constantly with men, not to encourage them in anything that was not in accordance with God’s will, but to uplift and ennoble them. “I sanctify myself,” He declared, “that they also might be sanctified.” John 17:19. So the Christian is to abide among men, that the savor of divine love may be as salt to preserve the world from corruption. . . .
The power of a higher, purer, nobler life is our great need. The world is watching to see what fruit is borne by professed Christians. . . . Impressions favorable or unfavorable to Bible religion are constantly being made on the minds of all with whom we have to do.
And God and the angels are watching. God desires His people to show by their lives the advantage of Christianity over worldliness, to show that they are working on a high, holy plane. He longs to see them showing that the truth they have received has made them children of the heavenly King. He longs to make them channels through which He can pour His boundless love and mercy.
Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of the Saviour shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim His own. It is the privilege of every Christian, not only to look for, but to hasten, the coming of our Lord. Were all who profess His name bearing fruit to His glory, how quickly the whole world would be sown with the seed of the gospel! Quickly the last great harvest would be ripened, and Christ would come.
Maranatha p. 112
—–D did not get the job. Please pray that he will get one soon. L
—– Please pray for the following evangelism events that are taking place in the near future: Diane
- Prineville, OR (Oct 7 – Jan 13) Celebrating Life in Recovery 12 step program based on Steps to Christ for our church family Oct. 7 – Jan. 13 to spiritually and emotionally prepare our church members to offer this to the public in the future. Please pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to work in each member’s heart both now and during this program. Thank you!
- Desert Cove, AZ (Oct 17 – Nov 8) Revelation of Hope Series with Pastor Myckal Morehouse
- Southview, MN (Oct 17 – Nov 22)
- Longmont, CO (Oct 17 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts – Tim Jones
- Garden City, KS (Oct 24 – Nov 9)
- Drumheller, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 15)
- Tacoma, WA (Oct 24 – Nov 15) The Final Conspiracy Seminar presented by Tyler Long
- Kinlichee, AZ (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Evangelist, Emilio Gomez
- NY, NY (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Carlos Muñoz
- Ashland, OR (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Ryan Day
- Lac la Biche, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Darrin Bartell
- Gila Mountain, AZ (Oct 25 – Nov 25) Evangelist Curtis Bradford
- Chandler, AZ (Oct 29 – Nov 25) Pastor Sukho Shon
- Albuquerque, NM (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Doug Bachelor “Landmarks of Prophecy”. Register for the latest Landmarks of Prophecy news and events, as well as for live webcast reminders. www.landmarksofprophecy.com
- Phoenix, AX (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Camelback SDA Church (largest SDA Church in AZ) will be a Good News TV downlink host site for LIVE Landmarks of Prophecy with Doug Batchelor.
- Tempe, AZ (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Revelation Seminar with speaker Leroy Green
- Liberal, KS (Nov 1 – 8)
When I was a little girl, my mother used to take me to the carnival. The fair grounds were at that time only about a mile from my grandparents’ house, so it was not far to walk. The carnival was a place of wonderment for me. Rides that I would never think of going on loomed overhead. Little kiddie rides that I enjoyed, “fishing” for a prize, watching my mother shoot a rife and getting to choose the prize, rough looking men hawking their wares, watching a man swallow a sword, and other wonders captivated my attention.
As we were walking along, my mother saw the House of Mirrors. Curious, she paid the entrance fee. When we got inside, there were mirrors of all types. When we stood in front of one, we looked very tall and skinny. Another one made us look very short and fat. Still another, made us look misshapen. I laughed and laughed. We entered a corridor of mirrors and soon we were lost in a maze. It was impossible to find our way out by sight. The mirrors were set up in such a way that we could see many reflections of ourselves, but not the way out. I felt panic-stricken! After a time of attempting to find the exit, my mother began to panic too. That scared me even more. Finally, she got the idea of feeling her way along the maze. That worked! Once on the outside, we determined never to enter a maze of mirrors again.
How often life is like that maze of mirrors. Without the our Great Redeemer’s guidance, we become lost in the tangle of trials and troubles of our own making. Without His special leading, we can get ourselves into circumstances where there seems to be no way out. The more we try to extricate ourselves from the situation, getting deeper we get in the trap.
There is only one way of escape. If we ask Him, Jesus will help us disentangle ourselves from the mess we have gotten ourselves into. All we need to do is ask. Our Dear Saviour promises, “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.” Psa 32:8 He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life! (John 14:6) No matter what our circumstance, no matter how deeply we are ensnared in our own “house of mirrors, “if we cry unto the Lord in our trouble, He will save us out of all of our distresses, deliver us from self- destruction, teach us His way, and make a plain path for our feet. ( Psa 107:19,20; 27:11)
May we, this very day, while the door of mercy is still open, ask our Loving Saviour to take complete control of our life. May we declare as did David, “Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.” Psa 73:24 May we ever “follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth” is my prayer. Rev 14:4