And this commandment we have from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. 1 John 4:21.
Love is the basis of godliness. Whatever the profession, no man has pure love to God unless he has unselfish love for his brother. . . . When self is merged in Christ, love springs forth spontaneously. The completeness of Christian character is attained when the impulse to help and bless others springs constantly from within–when the sunshine of heaven fills the heart and is revealed in the countenance. . . .
Connected with Christ, we are connected with our fellow men by the golden links of the chain of love. Then the pity and compassion of Christ will be manifest in our life. We shall not wait to have the needy and unfortunate brought to us. We shall not need to be entreated to feel for the woes of others. It will be as natural for us to minister to the needy and suffering as it was for Christ to go about doing good. . . .
The glory of heaven is in lifting up the fallen, comforting the distressed. . . . No distinction on account of nationality, race, or caste is recognized by God. . . . All men are of one family by creation, and all are one through redemption. Christ came to demolish every wall of partition, to throw open every compartment of the temple, that every soul may have free access to God. His love is so broad, so deep, so full, that it penetrates everywhere. It lifts out of Satan’s circle the poor souls who have been deluded by his deceptions. It places them within reach of the throne of God, the throne encircled by the rainbow of promise. . .
Christ is seeking to uplift all who will be lifted to companionship with Himself, that we may be one with Him as He is one with the Father. He permits us to come in contact with suffering and calamity in order to call us out of our selfishness; He seeks to develop in us the attributes of His character–compassion, tenderness, and love. . . .
“If thou wilt keep my charge,” the Lord declares, “I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by”–even among the angels that surround His throne. (Zechariah 3:7.) By cooperating with heavenly beings in their work on earth, we are preparing for their companionship in heaven.
Maranatha p. 101
Please pray for the following evangelism events that are taking place in the near future: Diane
- Detroit, MI (Sep 18 – Oct 25) Many churches throughout the greater Detroit are starting a prophecy series titled “Unlocking Revelation”
- Loveland, CO (Sep 20 – Nov 1) 2 meetings each Sabbath
- Andover, MN (Oct 2 – 26)
- Kokomo, IN (Oct 3- 31) Revelation Seminar with Dave Roberts
- Grays Harbor, WA (Oct. 3- Nov 1) Jac Colon Speaker
- Pomona, CA (Oct 4 – Nv 1) “Revelation of Jesus Christ”
- Prineville, OR (Oct 7 – Jan 13) Celebrating Life in Recovery 12 step program based on Steps to Christ for our church family Oct. 7 – Jan. 13 to spiritually and emotionally prepare our church members to offer this to the public in the future. Please pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to work in each member’s heart both now and during this program. Thank you!
- Miami, OK (Oct 10 – 24) Bible Prophecy Seminar
- Geneva (Oct 10 – 25) It Is Written
- Waterbury, CT (Oct 10 – 25)
- Chattanooga,TN (Oct 10 – Nov 2) Pastor Aaron Mills, Jr. will be conducting a Revelation Seminar
- Waterbury, CT (Oct 11 – 25)
- Harare, Zimbabwe (Oct 12 – 26) Mission to the Cities
- Pago Pago, American Samoa (Oct 12 – Nov 1) “Christ for the Crisis” City Evangelistic Campaign. Speaker: Dr. Walton Rose
- Desert Cove, AZ (Oct 17 – Nov 8) Revelation of Hope Series with Pastor Myckal Morehouse
- Southview, MN (Oct 17 – Nov 22)
- Longmont, CO (Oct 17 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts – Tim Jones
- S St Paul Hispanic, MN (Oct 18 – 25)
- Meriden, CT (Oct 18 – Nov 1)
- Yuma, CO (Oct 18 – Nov 1) Amazing Facts with Dave Steward
- San Jose, CA (Oct 24 – 25) Hispanic laity training seminar and a week of prophecy seminar
- Camp Wawona, CA (Oct 24 – 26) Prayer Place: Learn how to make your prayer ministries come alive for you and your church. For more information contact Joyce Mulligan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garden City, KS (Oct 24 – Nov 9)
- Drumheller, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 15)
- Tacoma, WA (Oct 24 – Nov 15) The Final Conspiracy Seminar presented by Tyler Long
- Kinlichee, AZ (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Evangelist, Emilio Gomez
- NY, NY (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Carlos Muñoz
- Smoky Lake, Alberta (Oct 24 – 26) Amazing Facts with Darrin Bartell
- Ashland, OR (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Ryan Day
- Lac la Biche, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Darrin Bartell
- Gila Mountain, AZ (Oct 25 – Nov 25) Evangelist Curtis Bradford
- Chandler, AZ (Oct 29 – Nov 25) Pastor Sukho Shon
- Albuquerque, NM (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Doug Bachelor “Landmarks of Prophecy”. Register for the latest Landmarks of Prophecy news and events, as well as for live webcast reminders. www.landmarksofprophecy.com
- Phoenix, AX (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Camelback SDA Church (largest SDA Church in AZ) will be a Good News TV downlink host site for LIVE Landmarks of Prophecy with Doug Batchelor.
- Tempe, AZ (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Revelation Seminar with speaker Leroy Green
Years ago, when we were visiting Ron’s grandparents’ house I noticed that the back yard looked much different than it had some years earlier. The state had put an interstate highway about an eighth of a mile away and had taken the trees that had been behind their property. The semi-rural feel was gone even though the trees on his grandparent’s property were still there.
A few years later, Ron’s grandfather was standing at the back door watching two-year-old Sarah playing happily in the back yard. It was a beautiful summer day, and although the cars on the nearby interstate highway were rushing to and fro, still the scene was peaceful. Suddenly there was a bright flash on the highway. Grandpa Taylor knew instantly that there had been an accident with the gasoline truck he had seen up on the highway. Quickly he opened the door, ran outside, and grabbed up little Sarah into his arms!
Running faster than an elderly man should be able to run; he dashed to the house and slammed the door! Just then the shock wave and fire of the explosion hit! He took Sarah into the center of the house which was made of sturdy brick. It was actually a building because his gun smithing business was on the first floor and his home was above. After what seemed like an eternity, he looked outside. How different the backyard looked now! It looked like a war zone. The trees and the grass were burned. The clothes that had been hanging on the clothesline were melted. Even the screen on the screen door had melted! How thankful Grandpa Taylor was that he had reached Sarah in time!
We rarely think about it, but we are in even greater danger than was little Sarah. The evil one, like a roaring lion (or an exploding gasoline truck) is continually seeking to destroy us. (1 Peter 5:8) Paul reminds us that “we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph 6:12 Sadly, the devil is too often successful in his evil designs until we are as Isaiah describes, “we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Our “whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.” Isa 64:6; 1:5, 6
Praise God! We have a Savior, Who gave His life that He may snatch us away from the enemy. He has rescued us from danger that has eternal consequences. Zechariah saw in vision what God wants to do for us all. He saw Joshua the high priest standing before God clothed in the filthiness of his own sinful character. But God rescued him from the hand of the enemy who was acusing him before the Lord. He writes, “And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; …is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.” Zech 3:1-4 How comforting to know that we serve a God Who is standing there ready to save us from the troubles that the enemy of souls brings upon us. He longs for us to ask Him to deliver us. David reminds us, “The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.” Ps 34:17-19 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 “Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!” Ps 107:21
May we trust our Rescuer with our whole heart. May we always do those things that are pleasing in His sight. May we allow Him to change us into His image is my prayer.