Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11.
At every revival of God’s work, the prince of evil is aroused to more intense activity; he is now putting forth his utmost efforts for a final struggle against Christ and His followers. The last great delusion is soon to open before us. Antichrist is to perform his marvelous works in our sight. So closely will the counterfeit resemble the true, that it will be impossible to distinguish between them except by the Holy Scriptures. By their testimony every statement and every miracle must be tested. . . .
None but those who have fortified the mind with the truths of the Bible will stand through the last great conflict. To every soul will come the searching test: Shall I obey God rather than men? The decisive hour is even now at hand. Are our feet planted on the rock of God’s immutable word? Are we prepared to stand firm in defense of the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus? . . .
It is the first and highest duty of every rational being to learn from the Scriptures what is truth, and then to walk in the light, and encourage others to follow his example. We should day by day study the Bible diligently, weighing every thought, and comparing scripture with scripture. With divine help we are to form our opinions for ourselves as we are to answer for ourselves before God. . . .
Jesus promised His disciples: “The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26. But the teachings of Christ must previously have been stored in the mind, in order for the Spirit of God to bring them to our remembrance in the time of peril. . . .
When the testing time shall come, those who have made God’s word their rule of life will be revealed. . . . Let persecution be kindled, and the halfhearted and hypocritical will waver and yield the faith; but the true Christian will stand firm as a rock, his faith stronger, his hope brighter, than in days of prosperity.
Maranatha p. 94
—–Please pray for the safety of the people in the path of the wildfires in California.
—–Please pray for the following evangelism events that are taking place in the near future: Diane
- Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR (Sep 5 – Oct 11) Dr. Ron Clouzet will present Prophecies Decoded, an area outreach to Vancouver and Portland. This will also be a field school for graduate students at Andrews University. Ten of the 17 students will be preaching simultaneous meetings. Thanks for everyone’s prayers.
- The Edge, MN (Sep 5 – Oct 11)
- Lexington, KY (Sep 8 – Oct. 1) Creation Seminar with Hiram Rester
- Park Rapids, MN (Sep 14 – Oct 14)
- St Paul Eastside, MN (Sep 14 – Oct 14)
- Detroit, MI (Sep 18 – Oct 25) Many churches throughout the greater Detroit are starting a prophecy series titled “Unlocking Revelation”
- Loveland, CO (Sep 20 – Nov 1) 2 meetings each Sabbath
- Hutchinson, MN (Sep 25 – Oct 12)
- Duluth, MN (Sep 26 – Oct 18)
- Kenyan Community, MN (Sep 26 – Oct 18)
- New Britain, CT (Sep 27 – Oct 11)
- Andover, MN (Oct 2 – 26)
- Grays Harbor, WA (Oct. 3- Nov 1) Jac Colon Speaker
- Fresno, CA (Oct 4 – 11) Leon
- Prineville, OR (Oct 7 – Jan 13) Celebrating Life in Recovery 12 step program based on Steps to Christ for our church family Oct. 7 – Jan. 13 to spiritually and emotionally prepare our church members to offer this to the public in the future. Please pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to work in each member’s heart both now and during this program. Thank you!
- Miami, OK (Oct 10 – 24) Bible Prophecy Seminar
- Geneva (Oct 10 – 25) It Is Written
- Waterbury, CT (Oct 10 – 25)
- Chattanooga,TN (Oct 10 – Nov 2) Pastor Aaron Mills, Jr. will be conducting a Revelation Seminar
- Waterbury, CT (Oct 11 – 25)
- Pago Pago, American Samoa (Oct 12 – Nov 1) “Christ for the Crisis” City Evangelistic Campaign. Speaker: Dr. Walton Rose
- Southview, MN (Oct 17 – Nov 22)
- S St Paul Hispanic, MN (Oct 18 – 25)
- Meriden, CT (Oct 18 – Nov 1)
- San Jose, CA (Oct 24 – 25) Hispanic laity training seminar and a week of prophecy seminar
- Camp Wawona, CA (Oct 24 – 26) Prayer Place: Learn how to make your prayer ministries come alive for you and your church. For more information contact Joyce Mulligan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garden City, KS (Oct 24 – Nov 9)
- Drumheller, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 15)
- Albuquerque, NM (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Doug Bachelor “Landmarks of Prophecy”. Register for the latest Landmarks of Prophecy news and events, as well as for live webcast reminders. www.landmarksofprophecy.com
Nearly every week, one of the children at the church we attended in Washington state would stand beside me and measure how tall they were in comparison to me. Somehow they thought that if they could reach my height, they would be an adult. No doubt, they chose me because I was the shortest adult there. One day, Wesley discovered that he was the same height as I. After that, he would often stand beside me gloating over the fact that he had reached his goal.
Just as the children at the Cheney church had a goal, so Jesus bids us to strive for the greatest of goals—“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” Matt 5:48 We are to “fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life.” 1 Tim 6:12 Paul followed this principle, “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” 2 Cor 9:24-27
Peter gives us the steps we are to follow toward this goal. He says, “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:4-8
Paul adds, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Rom 12:1,2 As we see what we must be, we realize how far short of the goal we are. We cannot attain to the perfection that our Creator desires for us without His help. We are so weak, so sinful, so helpless. Praise God! We have a Saviour Who has promised to help us. He says, “Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.” Isa 45:22 “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Heb 13:5 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isa 41:10 Praise God! He has prepared the way to holiness. He is standing beside us ready to help us reach our goal if we will ask Him. He is “mighty to save” Isa 63:1
May we keep our eyes upon the prize before us. May we let nothing come between us and our walk with our Dear Saviour. May we so live, that others will see Jesus in us is my prayer.