How shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard him. Hebrews 2:3, R.S.V.
I saw that we should not put off the coming of the Lord. Said the angel: “Prepare, prepare, for what is coming upon the earth. Let your works correspond with your faith.” I saw that the mind must be stayed upon God, and that our influence should tell for God and His truth. We cannot honor the Lord when we are careless and indifferent. . . . We must be in earnest to secure our own soul’s salvation, and to save others. All importance should be attached to this, and everything besides should come in secondary.
I saw the beauty of heaven. I heard the angels sing their rapturous songs, ascribing praise, honor, and glory to Jesus. I could then realize something of the wondrous love of the Son of God. He left all the glory, all the honor which He had in heaven, and was so interested for our salvation that He patiently and meekly bore every indignity and slight which man could heap upon Him. He was wounded, smitten, and bruised; He was stretched on Calvary’s cross and suffered the most agonizing death to save us from death, that we might be washed in His blood and be raised up to live with Him in the mansions He is preparing for us, to enjoy the light and glory of heaven, to hear the angels sing, and to sing with them.
I saw that all heaven is interested in our salvation; and shall we be indifferent? Shall we be careless, as though it were a small matter whether we are saved or lost? Shall we slight the sacrifice that has been made for us? . . .
A Book has been given us to guide our feet through the perils of this dark world to heaven. It tells us how we can escape the wrath of God, and also tells of the sufferings of Christ for us, the great sacrifice that has been made that we might be saved and enjoy the presence of God forever.
A form of godliness will not save any. All must have a deep and living experience. This alone will save them in the time of trouble. Then their work will be tried of what sort it is; and if it is gold, silver, and precious stones, they will be hid in the secret of the Lord’s pavilion.
Maranatha p. 97
—– Today I was put on bed rest and a high protein diet because yesterday, by ultrasound, they determined that Annabeth has Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR). She is much too small for her gestational age. The doctors are hoping that by putting me on a high protein diet and bed rest that she will get enough nutrients to grow bigger and stronger before she is born. Please pray for us as we go through this. All the mommies out there know how hard it is to lay around with a 16 month old in the house. Meridith
—— Please pray for the following evangelism events that are taking place in the near future: Diane
- Detroit, MI (Sep 18 – Oct 25) Many churches throughout the greater Detroit are starting a prophecy series titled “Unlocking Revelation”
- Loveland, CO (Sep 20 – Nov 1) 2 meetings each Sabbath
- Duluth, MN (Sep 26 – Oct 18)
- Kenyan Community, MN (Sep 26 – Oct 18)
- Andover, MN (Oct 2 – 26)
- Madison, TN (Oct 3 – 19) America in Bible Prophecy with Pastor Byron Corbett
- Kokomo, IN (Oct 3- 31) Revelation Seminar with Dave Roberts
- Grays Harbor, WA (Oct. 3- Nov 1) Jac Colon Speaker
- Pomona, CA (Oct 4 – Nov 1) “Revelation of Jesus Christ”
- Prineville, OR (Oct 7 – Jan 13) Celebrating Life in Recovery 12 step program based on Steps to Christ for our church family Oct. 7 – Jan. 13 to spiritually and emotionally prepare our church members to offer this to the public in the future. Please pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to work in each member’s heart both now and during this program. Thank you!
- Miami, OK (Oct 10 – 24) Bible Prophecy Seminar
- Geneva (Oct 10 – 25) It Is Written
- Waterbury, CT (Oct 10 – 25)
- Chattanooga,TN (Oct 10 – Nov 2) Pastor Aaron Mills, Jr. will be conducting a Revelation Seminar
- Waterbury, CT (Oct 11 – 25)
- Pago Pago, American Samoa (Oct 12 – Nov 1) “Christ for the Crisis” City Evangelistic Campaign. Speaker: Dr. Walton Rose
- Southview, MN (Oct 17 – Nov 22)
CO (Oct 17 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts – Tim Jones
- S St Paul Hispanic, MN (Oct 18 – 25)
- Meriden, CT (Oct 18 – Nov 1)
- Yuma, CO (Oct 18 – Nov 1) Amazing Facts with Dave Steward
- San Jose, CA (Oct 24 – 25) Hispanic laity training seminar and a week of prophecy seminar
- Camp Wawona, CA (Oct 24 – 26) Prayer Place: Learn how to make your prayer ministries come alive for you and your church. For more information contact Joyce Mulligan email@example.com
- Garden City, KS (Oct 24 – Nov 9)
- Drumheller, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 15)
- Tacoma, WA (Oct 24 – Nov 15) The Final Conspiracy Seminar presented by Tyler Long
- Kinlichee, AZ (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Evangelist, Emilio Gomez
- NY, NY (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Carlos Muñoz
- Smoky Lake, Alberta (Oct 24 – 26) Amazing Facts with Darrin Bartell
- Ashland, OR (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Ryan Day
- Lac la Biche, Alberta (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Amazing Facts with Darrin Bartell
- Albuquerque, NM (Oct 31 – Nov 22) Doug Bachelor “Landmarks of Prophecy”. Register for the latest Landmarks of Prophecy news and events, as well as for live webcast reminders. www.landmarksofprophecy.com
Often emails and Facebook posts circulate that are obviously fictitious. They are easy to spot. As we read them, we shake our heads and wonder why people write such falsehoods. There are others, however, that appear to be true. Sometimes these believable ones have pictures that appear to be real. Sometimes the pictures are real but they are something entirely different from what the email or Facebook post says it is.
Where can we find the truth? How can we know what to believe? Jesus declares, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 Jesus prayed, “Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth.” John 17:17 God’s Holy Word is “a lamp unto (our) feet and a light unto (our) path.” Ps 119:105 Only through the study of God’s Holy Word can we find the truth. “Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.” “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. . . cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” Ps 119:160; 19:7-14
Peter also assures us that the Scriptures are to believed more than even that which we have encountered. He tells of his experience on the mount of transfiguration and then he makes the point that more important than what we see, more sure than what we hear, is the Word of God. “We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” 2 Peter 1:19-21 Isaiah was moved to write, “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” Isa 8:20 Here is the key. Everything we hear, everything we see must be tested by a “Thus saith the Lord.” Our very future depends upon it.
May we “study to show [ourselves] approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.” 2 Tim 2:15 May we compare all that we read, all that we hear with the Holy Scriptures “for precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.” Isa 28:10 May we shun the false and stand firmly for the truth is my prayer.